Senior, Ernst & Young, Boston, Ma., May 2016 - Present
- Work on internal communication projects
- Update various social media accounts
- Write daily news and feature stories about state and local tax policy, legislation, and politics.
- Cover the intersection of Capitol Hill and state tax issues.
- Cover trade groups that represent states and attend conferences throughout the year.
- Wrote daily finance stories about public finance and municipal bonds, with focus on IRS regulations, tax reform and tax legislation
- Covered Capitol Hill, including hearings of the House Ways and Means and Senate Finance Committees
- Reported on the federal budget, sequestration, state and local politics, and enforcement actions by the Treasury Department against municipalities
- Wrote daily finance and political stories on Capitol Hill about debt ceiling crisis negotiations, the housing market, 2010 elections and 2012 presidential campaign
- Covered weekly economic indicators from the Labor and Commerce Department
- Produced stories on content management system; appeared on TV stations to discuss consumer confidence and the debt ceiling
- Compiled a daily news digest analyzing print coverage of campaigns in 10 states
- Reported on House and Senate races in 15 states during the 2008 election
- Researched, developed and assigned news stories to reporters/producers
- Coordinated coverage with technical crews, producers and networks
- Wrote daily hard news and feature stories covering 10 towns for the largest daily state wide newspaper
- Covered the 2008 presidential campaign trail in N.H., uncovered one of the state’s largest sex stings, followed local politics
- Delivered live broadcasts and wrote weekly commercial spots for upcoming events
- Coordinated events/giveaways on all five sister stations
- Wrote business and entertainment features for the Nashua Telegraph, Keene Sentinel, Bedford Journal and Ledger-Transcript. Circulations ranging from 14,000-26,000.
Cardiff University,Wales, United Kingdom, Master's Degree International Journalism, 2009, Distinction
- Dissertation: Remember the Ladies: The Impact of the New Hampshire State Senate and the Evolving Story of Women in State Legislatures.
Boston University, Boston, Mass., Washington Journalism Center, Certificate 2005
- Familiar with Indesign, InCopy, Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver
- Editing experience with AVID, Final Cut Pro, and iNews
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Front Page)
- Skilled photographer and experience shooting with a handheld camera
- Typing speed of 77 wpm. Excellent administrative skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of written and spoken Spanish.
- Board Member of the Journalism and Women's Symposium (JAWS)
- Member of the Junior League of Washington, D.C.
- Board member with the New Hampshire State Society
- Events committee vice chair at the National Press Club
- Society of American Business Editors and Writers
- New Hampshire Association of Broadcasters Scholarship Recipient, 2004-2005
- Pierce Partner Scholarship Program, 2006-2007